1. Who we are
For the purposes of applicable data protection laws, the data controller is Seiko U.K. Limited, a company registered in England and Wales at SC House, Vanwall Business Park, Maidenhead, Berkshire, SL6 4UW.
2. What we collect
In order to serve you better, we may collect and process the following information about you:
· our computer systems may record details of your visit to https://www.seikoboutique.co.uk/ (the “Site“) including your IP address (the internet address of your computer) to see which parts of the Site you visit, how long you are spending there, as well as automatically determining the type of computer and operating system you are using;
· information that you provide by filling in forms (or otherwise enter) on the Site. This includes information provided if you make a purchase from the Site or wish to correspond with us, register a new item, participate in an online survey or otherwise obtain specific information from us and may include information such as your name, email or postal address and telephone number (Contact Information) and payment information such as your bank details that will allow us to fulfill your order, answer your query or otherwise serve you;
· if you order an item that is delivered to you via downloading, you will need to provide your email address prior to downloading;
· if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence; and
· details of transactions you carry out through the Site and of the fulfillment of your orders.
4. Uses of the Information
Seiko uses your personal information for Seiko business purposes such as those set out in the table below:
|Why might we use your personal information?||How do we use your personal information for this purpose?||What is the legal basis for us to process your personal information in this way?|
To ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
To analyse user traffic to our Site to measure use of our Site and to improve the content of our Site.
We may at time use your personal We may at any time use your personal information (such as your IP address) to:
· measure the use of our Site by you and assess the effectiveness of our Site; and
· improve the content of our Site.
|It is in our legitimate interests to process certain technical log data (such as your IP address) for ensuring the proper administration of our site and for analytics and insight purposes e.g. to monitor market trends and demographics and to improve the user experience within our Site.|
Cookies are small text files which are downloaded onto your computer when you visit a website.
They are vital to the smooth running of websites and disabling them may limit website functionality and hinder user experience.
|To provide you with goods and services (including membership services).||We may need to use your personal information such as your Contact Information to perform our obligations under a contract with you (e.g. where your have purchased an item from us).||Using your personal information in this way is necessary for us to perform our contractual obligations to you.|
|To process your payments and protect you against fraudulent transactions.||We may need to process personal information such as your bank account details to keep your payments safe and protect you against fraudulent transactions.||It is in our legitimate interests to process personal information to keep our customers’ payments secure.|
|To provide you with information that you request from us or which we feel may interest you (provided you have consented to this).||We will need to use your Contact Information to provide you with information you have requested or which we feel may interest you.||We will ask for your consent before processing your information in this way.|
|To notify you about changes to our service (provided you have consented to this).||We will need to use your Contact Information to notify you about changes to our service.||We will ask for your consent before processing your information in this way (other than where we send routine emails to you relating to an order you have placed with us, in respect of which using your personal information in this way is necessary for us to perform our contractual obligations to you).|
5. Storage of Your Personal Data
Please note that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure.
Although we use administrative, technical and physical measures to safeguard your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site.
Certain areas of our Site may be password protected. Where you have chosen, or we have given you, a password, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password(s) with anyone.
Payments made via our Site are processed in a secure environment using software provided by third party providers.
Generally, we will store your data for up to three years. However, if you opt in to receive marketing communications from us we will retain your data (only for the purposes of direct marketing to you) unless and until you withdraw your consent. If you would like to withdraw your consent or unsubscribe to marketing materials please contact us using the details set out at the end of this page.
6. Disclosure of your Information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group. We may also disclose your personal information to third parties (i) to enable us to perform our obligations to you; and (ii) if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce any contractual obligations or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Seiko, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with:
· regulators or other third parties for the purposes of monitoring and/or enforcing our compliance with any legal and regulatory obligations, including statutory or regulatory reporting or the detection or prevention of unlawful acts;
· credit reference and fraud prevention agencies;
· any third party in the context of actual or threatened legal proceedings, provided we can do so lawfully (for example in response to a court order);
· other parties and/or their professional advisers involved in a matter where required as part of the conduct of the services;
· our own professional advisers and auditors for the purpose of seeking professional advice or to meet our audit responsibilities;
· our service providers and agents (including their subcontractors) or third parties which process information on our behalf (e.g. internet service and platform providers, our bank, payment processing providers and those organisations we engage to help us send communications to you) so that they may help us to provide you with the applications, items, services and information you have requested; and
· another organisation to whom we may transfer our agreement with you or if we sell or buy (or negotiate to sell or buy) our business or any of our assets (provided that adequate protections and safeguards are in place).
We may also use other companies, agents, or contractors (“Service Providers“) to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with the provision of services to you. For example, we may engage Service Providers to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you (if you have provided consent for us to do). In the course of providing such services, these Service Providers may have access to your personal information and we may disclose your personal information to them.
We or the Service Providers may contact you about goods and services which may be of interest to you by post or telephone. If you are an existing customer, we and / or the Service Provider will only contact you by electronic means (email or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected Service Providers to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
This Site may contain links to and from the websites of other members of our group or third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
7. International Transfers
7.1 We will not transfer personal data relating to you to a country which is outside the EEA unless one of the following scenarios under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR) (or equivalent scenarios under UK data protection legislation, if applicable) applies:
7.1.1 the country or recipient is covered by an adequacy decision of the European Commission under GDPR Article 45;
7.1.2 appropriate safeguards have been put in place which meet the requirements of GDPR Article 46 (for example using the European Commission’s Standard Model Clauses for transfers of personal data outside the EEA); or
7.1.3 one of the derogations for specific situations under GDPR Article 49 is applicable to the transfer. These include (in summary):
18.104.22.168 the transfer is necessary to perform, or to form, a contract to which we are a party:
22.214.171.124.1 with you; or
126.96.36.199.2 with a third party where the contract is in your interests;
188.8.131.52.3 the transfer is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
184.108.40.206.4 you have provided your explicit consent to the transfer; or
220.127.116.11.5 the transfer is of a limited nature, and is necessary for the purpose of our compelling legitimate interests.
7.2 Please note that personal data relating to you will be transferred to our affiliated companies in Japan for administrative purposes. Such transfer is lawful under data protection legislation as Japan is subject to an adequacy decision by the European Commission (as mentioned above in section 7.1.1).
8. Your Rights
If you are a resident in the UK, you will have rights under data protection legislation, in certain circumstances, to: (a) access your personal data; (b) request rectification of your personal data; (c) request portability of your personal data; (d) request restriction of processing of your personal data; (e) object to the processing of your personal data; (f) request erasure of your personal data; and (g) if you have provided your consent to the processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
If you believe that your rights have been breached or that your data has been compromised, you have the right to request that we remedy the situation. If you would like to exercise your rights, please contact us using the contact information below.
If you do not receive a satisfactory answer from us, you have the right to make a complaint to the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office. Please see further information on their website: www.ico.org.uk
10. Contact Us